Description of Essential Functions:
- Interpret trade blueprints, specifications and drawings for materials and dimensions.
- Prepare building and truss layouts using framing square, rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut and assemble building materials
- Fit and install windows and doors and related framing, hardware, weather stripping and exterior trims.
- Install subflooring, insulating materials and sheathing, and gypsum board (drywall)
- Finish drywall and paint.
- Fit and install soffit, support backings and miscellaneous building construction.
- Install interior trim, stairs and other finish carpentry.
- Erect and build scaffolding.
- Determine and select specified building materials.
- Load and unload building materials.
- Clean and maintain tools and project site.
- Demolish and remove existing structures.
- Interpret trade blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Basic math and conversion of decimal measurements to feet and inches.
- Framing walls, setting trusses and cladding structures.
- Installing manufactured cabinets.
- Installing finish trim on interior and exterior of structures.
- Operate pneumatic tools, saws, and other common carpentry tools.
- Operate small engine tools and equipment.
- Methods and sequence of work in building construction.
- Follow directions, work accurately and work without close supervision.
- Work quickly with a high degree of accuracy involving carpentry, drywall and paint.
- Perform physically demanding work for long periods of time (repetitive bending and rotation).
- Work overtime on short notice.
- Work various shifts including weekends and nights.
- Work in heat, cold and wet weather.
- Work in noisy and dusty environments.
- Document work with photos and notes.
Pay is determined by level of experience